2 hours ago
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
What do you do when you're already WAY too far behind on your NaNo manuscript and you're wondering why you're so full of the worst kind of suckiness but you're still trying to muddle through because by golly, you WILL make 50,000 words by November 30 if it KILLS you(which it might)and all of a sudden you think to yourself: 'If I had written this in first person, everything would make sense and I could do this exactly the way I had it planned in my head'.
Here's what you do: you smack yourself in the face with your hand and possibly any objects lying around that won't do any lasting damage to your face because you're newly single and who wants to date a chick who has an imprint of a stapler across her forehead, right?
Because I can't possibly go back and change everything into first person because I'm just that far behind so it would be stupid and that's what revisions are for AFTER you finish the first draft. Right?
So my question is: would you continue writing in third person simply because that's how you started or would you switch to first person because it's just RIGHT and you know you won't have to muddle through to the end anymore, it will just happen because it's meant to be that way?
WHAT, MY WRITING FRIENDS, SHOULD I DO???
And is anyone else having a nervous breakdown about NaNo? Seriously.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
1. I have to pee every five minutes. Apparently, my bladder understands the need for procrastination.
2. I have restless leg syndrome. Who knew deadline writing could cause leg spasms??
3. Beer works almost as well as wine in terms of inducing creativity. Or just not actually caring what is being written....
4. This video? HilARious. And a great distraction from all things writing.
5. I'm sweating.
6. Writing is FUN when you haven't done it in almost a year...once you get the hang of it again.
7. Something in my apartment is burning, and I'm pretty sure it's my pants from the heat of my computer because it's been on for so long while I stare at things that say 'I pooted' and such and laugh loudly.
8. I have great friends who keep me on track and tell me to shut the ef up when I send random text messages about Cheese and pooting.
9. I wish I had chocolate.
10. I'm glad I don't have chocolate.
11. I can actually write two thousand words a night if I put my mind to it. And it's not all bad. :)
How is NaNo going for everyone else???