Monday, August 10, 2009

Blank Slate

I ended my last blog with a post that stated I would be back, eventually, with a reason to write.
I wanted to have something to say, something that wasn't mindless chatter that no one actually cares about anyway.
Once people look forward to hearing what I have to say, maybe then I can talk about the things I have rolling around in my head, the random banter that is my norm.
This blog....
Is going to be about my climb.
My climb to what, you ask?
My climb to success, to being the person people want to hear about.
I am a writer, have always been a writer, it is in my blood, the one thing that completes me.
I have not been published, and this is most likely due to a lack of backbone on my part. I have stories, poems, letters that could make some seriously good articles.
It fills my office, clutters my mind, and is desperate to receive the attention it deserves.
I have an idea for a book.
I have the greatest desire to write novels, stories that will make people smile, laugh, fall in love, cry, and find peace in their own lives.
This is my goal.
This is my dream.
I wanted to make this blog as a way to reach out, to connect with anyone who is willing to listen, to offer advice, to be a shoulder on what is probably going to be a long and treacherous journey.
This time, I am going to do it.
I am going to overcome my fear of rejection, my fear of failure, and put myself out there.
This is going to be the start of a new me, and I'm dedicating it to all of the people who believed in me, and also to the people who had no faith at all.
It is because of you, because of ALL of you, that I am moving forward, starting this new chapter in my life.
Once I have started outlining my story, I am going to post updates on my ideas, reveal the plot, introduce my characters, and wait for feedback.
I don't know who will read this, but I am putting it out there for all to see.
Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to pause for a minute on my page, to get to know me just a little bit.
And hopefully in a not so long amount of time, you will see my name as you walk in the front door of Barnes and Noble, you will pick up my book and a cup of Starbucks coffee, and you will make me a friend for life.
It's nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment