1 hour ago
Sunday, January 17, 2010
My coffee break is over.
I swear it!
It's been so long since I've been here, I barely know what to do with myself! For a quick explanation: it's 'end-of-year' at my work which means the entire place is running amok, flailing their arms around, and yelling at the tops of their voices. This also means I'm exhausted before, during, and after work and cannot function as a normal person.
Also, our internet activity is being closely monitored at work because SOME PEOPLE don't know when to quit.
So I'm kinda nervous about posting while on the clock.
Anyway...a million and five apologies for my absence. I'll try to post more regularly from now on!
So. How is everyone?
Today is going to be a lazy blog day. Over the past month, I've received four FOUR! awards which is the coolest thing ever.
And today I will list them all and pass them on! One variation from the rules: I'm only going to pick two blogs per award, and I don't care if they already have them. It's my blog and I'll award who I want.
First up, I received the Kreative Blogger award from the extremely talented Victoria.
Thank you, Victoria! If you've never come across her blog before, now is the time to do it! She has such vision, and an inspiring voice! I'm so happy to have her as a blogging friend.
And the two recipients of the Kreativ Blogger award are:
Susan Mills at A Walk In My Shoes because she can relate all of her posts to shoes! Come on, people, how creative is that??
Natalie Whipple at Between Fact and Fiction because not only is she a writer whose blog I adore, but she graces us all with her artistic talents once a week as well!
From the always entertaining Carol Valdez Miller and the sincere Jemi Fraser, the One Lovely Blog award.
The two winners are:
Sherrinda at A Writer Wannabe because her blog is, well, lovely.
And Jody Hedlund because, well. Do I really need to repeat it? Lovely. Check her out for excellent advice and insight.
The final award I received from Tiana Lei at Spilled Ink. I just started following her tonight and I have no idea how it's taken me this long to discover her awesome blog! So, thanks for the award, Tiana! This one is a new one for me, and while I'm breaking the 'pass it on' rules, I will follow the 'ten things that make me happy' rule.
Here we go!
2. My dogs. Who better to turn to when you're in need of a pick-me-up than your faithful pooches?
3. Books. Seriously? If someone told me I had to choose between my husband and my books, I might just pick the books. Because without them I would cease to exist. Sorry, honey.
4. Fridays! Jeans day at work, drinks with the coworkers at the end of the day, and the beginning of the weekend!
5. Tea. It fixes everything.
6. Taking pictures. I am such a nuisance with my camera...people should just know to look picture ready when I'm going to be around. It's just the way it is.
7. My clean house. I love sitting on the couch and just breathing in the cleanliness after a sweaty few hours of scrubbing.
8. Music. I love music, and all sorts of it! Lately, I've discovered how inspiring Christian music is and it's literally propelled my creative juices forward. I think opening my mind to something new kind of helped that...
9. My blog. It is proof to me that I'm not wandering alone in the world. And it's also a huge motivation to keep writing.
10. Shoes. Because they're pretty. :)
Now, I pass the Happy 101 blog on to:
Sara McClung at The Babbling Flow of a Fledgling Scribbler because I find a lot of similarities between the two of us and that makes me happy! (Yes, that was cheesy, and no, I don't care)
And Mary Campbell at Writer's Butt Does Not Apply To Me because she is very inspiring and that also makes me happy!
Thank you again to everyone who's passed awards on to me. I'm very touched and very excited!
And congrats to the recipients of those awards!
Check them out, people!! You won't be sorry.
And I promise to be back very very soon.