Monday, February 8, 2010

On Being Uplifted...and Over the Top!



"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I went looking for inspiration today and I came across this quote. It might not scream inspiration for writing, but it made me think of it in terms of writing. See, I'm going through a lot right now, and the situation I am facing in the near future has a lot to do with what has happened in the past.
But no matter how bad this situation is for me, I know that what I hold inside of me is much, much stronger.
I've been having trouble focusing on my writing during this time, just difficulty focusing on almost everything. But I need to keep this quote in my head because no matter what, my writing is my voice. I use it to express myself, to let out everything I hold inside. Above all, I need to remember that no matter what I am going through, I still have power over all. It's in me. I just need to open that door.

I'm trying to find something each day that inspires me, to remind myself of the good out there. So that the bad doesn't seem as bad anymore.

Your comments, blogger friends, are another inspiration to me. After my Day of Grrr, I realized that I'm not the only one who gets down. And I have all of you to remind me of that. So thank you!
I'll keep all of you in mind during my search for inner peace.

But for right now, I have something else to post and also to pass on!
From Melissa at Chasing the Dream, I have received the Over the Top award for my blog!



Thanks, Melissa! :)

The rules of this award are as follows:
Complete the following survey using only one word per question, then pass the award on to five other bloggers.

So here we go!

Your cell phone: Vibrate
Your hair: Blonde
Your mother: Amazing
Your father: RIP :(
Your favorite food: Italian
Your dream last night: Unknown!
Your favorite drink: Iced Tea
Your dream goal: Published
What room are you in: Office
Your hobby: Reading
Your fear: Unhappiness
Where do you see yourself in 6 years: Famous! (He he!)
Where were you last night: Grandma's
Something you aren't: Mean
Muffins: Chocolate
Wish list item: books!
Where did you grow up: Illinois
Last thing you did: dinner
What are you wearing: tank
Your TV: ginormous
Your pets: loving
Friends: wonderful
Your life: stressful! :(
Your mood: Blah
Missing someone: Always
Vehicle: Mitsubishi
Something you aren't wearing: Heels
Your favorite store: Barnes and Noble
Your favorite color: Purple
When was the last time you laughed: Today
Last time you cried: Saturday
Your best friend: Sister
One place you go over and over: Wal-mart
Facebooking: Addiction!!!
Favorite place to eat: Italian...

And that's that! It's very hard to use one word answers when I'm very very wordy. Oh well.

To pass this one, I am choosing my five newest followers:

1. Roxy Haynie
2. Jon Paul
3. Lesley Vance
4. Amy Holder
5. Jen Daiker

It's so great to meet you all! Thanks for stopping by, and everyone be sure to check these bloggers out!

Until next time...



Have an inspired day!

9 comments:

  1. Love the photo!!

    We had several answers in common - there's nothing quite like good Italian food is there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you! You are so sweet! Thank you for the award!!!! Love the photo! Love inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! And I love that quote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have def had those rough days when I need some inspiration. I'm a quote girl too, and you picked a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that RWE quote! It's definitely one of my faves. I hope what you're going through gets easier!! Sending happy vibes your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that our comments offer some sense of support for you during your difficult time. Keep your chin up.

    I also LOVE these type of awards where we get to peek inside your mind a little bit. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were so fun to read! I also love Italian food and could eat it in disgusting amounts any time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the others, I agree with the Italian food - yummy! I love the quote and the picture (I used the picture for my blog once too).

    Congrats on your award! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!

    Love these post when we can dish a bit of dirt. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete