Since yesterday was the awesomest day in the history of the world and completely devoted to all things kissing, I missed my day eight of my twelve day blogging promise.
But since my kissing scene is the very first piece of writing ever to leave the comfort of my own hands, I'd say that's a pretty big day of "me" and worthy of holding the eighth day spot.
So yesterday was the implied day eight.
On the Ninth Day of Me, I give to you...2 awards!
Recently, I have been given two awards from two very talented writers.
The Honest Scrap Award came from Julie Dao(thank you, Julie!)at Silver Lining and now I must reveal ten honest things about myself. This could take awhile...
1. I absolutely refuse to eat food/drink milk that is one day past the 'sell by' date. Not the expiration, the SELL BY. Because it still grosses me out. Too bad.
2. I hate stuffed animals. Not because they're not cute, but because when it's time to give them away because I have too many, I cry. And not just cry. Sob. Because I'm afraid I'm hurting their feelings.
3. It is three days before Christmas and I have barely begun shopping. Or baking.
4. I can't clean my house unless I'm singing and dancing to my favorite songs. This is also why I can only clean when my husband isn't home because he'll make fun of me.
5. Which brings me to...when I was in fifth grade, I was picked by my music teacher to record a Christmas album with some of my classmates. I got to go to a real recording studio in Chicago and I still have the album.
6. If I fail as a writer, I would like to be a Life-Planner. I'm excellent at making decisions for people and there's millions of times when I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying 'I told you so'. People should always just listen to me!(This is just a joke. I don't actually want to plan someone's life...I'd just be good at it.)
7. My favorite color is purple and I wish I could paint every room in my house a different shade of it.
8. Sometimes the things in life that inspire me the most are the people who have let me down.
9. I hate magazines because there's never enough to read.
10. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS IS OVER!
Whew! It's hard to come up with this stuff at the drop of a hat!
So, I know I'm supposed to pass this on to a bunch of people, but I decided to pick just one person to receive each award. I always try to pick someone who doesn't already have the award, and this person does not as of yet:
Melissa at Chasing the Dream. I love her blog because I feel like I can relate to her a lot. She always has something interesting to say and I look forward to new posts from her!
If you're not following her already, click away!
The Lovely Blog Award was given to me by Natalie Bahm. Thank you, Natalie!
The person I want to pass this on to never ceases to inspire me. Her posts are always beautifully written and I've been known to shed a few tears when I read them. Check out Victoria's blog and be amazed and astounded by her insight on everything from writing to the simple things that are guaranteed to make you think.
Thanks again for the awards, ladies!
6 hours ago